Performs general and agency specific office tasks for the City of St. George requiring general office skills and a working knowledge of well established and pertinent agency terminology, rules, and procedures.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1 Serves as Secretary to Parks Division main staff. Assists public in obtaining requested information. Routes calls to appropriate party or provides information concerning division procedures.
2. Schedules or completes inspection, work order, or repair request forms from information provided by callers which may be complex or difficult to identify and which may require research and subject matter knowledge.
3. Assists the public and others to complete forms, permits, and applications and maintains records on databases and hard copy filing systems by updating information and comparing elements for consistency with established agency policies and procedures.
4. Acts as secretary for the Shade Tree Board. This includes attending monthly meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, and other duties as requested.
5. Performs secretarial functions including dictation, typing, etc. Operates a data terminal to enter and retrieve data, generate reports, correspondence, news releases, publicity, signs, labels, memorandums, etc.
6. Participates in department studies and projects by locating and organizing selected information, summarizing data, and verifying processing.
7. Performs other general office tasks such as file and retrieve documents; photocopy and collate documents; open, screen, and route incoming mail; receive and issue receipts; transmit money and deposits; order and distribute office supplies; schedule meetings; and make travel arrangements.
8. Assists with presentation of special events such as St. George Marathon, Art in the Park, etc..
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Comfortable working conditions. Light physical effort handling light weights. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking.
Education: No specified requirements.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years full time paid related office experience. Related vocational education may substitute on a year-for-year basis. Prior experience or proven knowledge related to the department’s area of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• General office practices, general business English, and basic math.
• Pertinent agency rules, regulations, policies, and procedures at conclusion of probationary period.
• Type 40 net words per minute, apply generally accepted agency specific office procedures, operate word processing equipment, and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relations with elected officials, department heads, employees, officials and employees of their jurisdictions, and the public.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at jobs.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 5/1/2018 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.