Under the direction of the Tennis & Pickleball Head Pro help train, and hire tennis/pickleball instructors and professionals. Teaches intermediate and advanced tennis clinics, providing private lessons and promoting tennis and pickleball
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Teaches the intermediate and advanced private lessons. Also teaches programs for all ages including junior, adults, seniors and specialty classes.
2. Assists in the recruitment, training and supervision of staff under the direction of the Head Tennis & Pickleball Pro.
3. Promotes and sells private and semi-private lessons.
4. Monitors the tennis and pickleball facilities to ensure that the facilities are kept in top condition, resolving minor maintenance issues and reporting facility maintenance issues to the Head Pro.
5. Resolves conflicts with the public in such a manner as to protect the rights of the City while encouraging the use of the facility by all interested citizens.
6. Keeps Head Pro abreast of any concerns related to staff, programs, drop in play, and equipment.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to physically respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Individuals in this position must be able to work nights and weekends. A typical weekday assignment will require 3-10 hours.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 3 years paid teaching experience – tennis and/or pickleball.
License and/or Certifications:
• CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications must be obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained throughout employment.
• Must obtain a valid Utah State Driver’s license within 60 days of being hired.
• Must be a USPTA or PTR certified Professional.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Be a good self starter.
• Familiar with USTA and USAPA sanctions, rules and regulations
• Familiar with current industry teaching development and incorporates them into division teaching standards
• Proven teaching ability with adults, seniors and juniors.
• Highly motivated with excellent customer service skills.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at jobs.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 4/29/2018 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.