Under the direction of a City of St. George Recreation Coordinator, supervises shift work of the part-time Recreation Clerks; oversees facility operations; and performs other functions such as overseeing the staffing of the St. George Carousel.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Supervises work of part-time Recreation Clerk employees by providing direction on work duties, use of time and adherence to City and Recreation Center policies and procedures.
2. Closes and opens cash tills and performs shift register count-outs by following City cash handling procedures.
3. Enforces facility rules and regulations and notifies facility management of recurring and/or serious infractions.
4. Completes required records and reports and submits them to facility management.
5. Performs maintenance or other tasks assigned by supervisor.
6. Inspects the facility daily and reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to facility management.
7. Assists with Recreation Clerk duties.
8. Assists with the training of Recreation Clerks.
9. Assists with the opening and closing of the St. George City Carousel.
10. Oversee classes and instructors and notifies facility management of any special requests or needs.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging 28 or less hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Minimum Age: All Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
• Experience working with youth and adults in a recreational setting.
• Experience working at the St. George Recreation Center for a minimum of 6 months OR a combination of experience at the St. George Recreation Center and another Recreation/Community Center for a minimum of 1 year.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
• Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications within 60 days of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
• Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Recreation Center operations, rules, and regulations.
• Computers and computer programs.
• Sportsman recreation management software or similar program
• Working with people of all ages on a continuing basis.
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Organize work duties of self and others.
• Report and discuss all safety, facility and staff issues with supervisor.
• Ensure part-time employees comply with appropriate customer service and time management practices.
• Work on special projects as assigned by the Recreation Coordinator.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at jobs.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 02/23/18 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.