Under the direction of the Golf Course Head Golf Professional, serves food and beverages in the snack bar and on the Sunbrook Golf Club through a beverage cart service.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Provides prompt, efficient, and gracious service to all snack bar and golf course guests.
2. Prepares food and drinks as ordered.
3. Cooks as needed using the barbeque, grill, and fryer.
4. Understands and responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
5. Follows all specified procedures to correctly handle cash and credit card transactions.
6. Meets Department of Health regulation standards in the performance of all job tasks.
7. Opens/closes snack bar in line with hours of operation of golf course.
8. Maintains a clean workstation.
9. Completes all scheduled tasks and other assigned duties.
10. Sweeps and mops snack bar areas and vacuum dining area as needed.
11. Maintains an adequate stock of snacks, beverages, and supplies to accommodate business needs.
12. Drives beverage cart on golf course to supply golfers with refreshments.
13. Stocks beverage cart and unload beverage cart on days of operation.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Some outdoor work with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, and/or windy conditions. Moderate physical activity, frequently required to move objects weighing up to 20 lbs. Occasional exposure to stress as a result in human behavior. Requires working extended or irregular hours such as weekends and holidays.
Note: Candidates must be available to work any day of the week, including Sunday, and be able to work with a flexible schedule as working hours may change each week.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred. Must be 21 years old to serve alcohol in Utah.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment. Must possess a valid food handler’s permit within 60 days of hire and maintain throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be highly motivated.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent public relations skills.
• Must have computer experience. POS background preferred.
• Understand golf terminology is preferred.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Understand and follow general work instructions.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at jobs.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 10/22/2017 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.