Under the general supervision of the Head Golf Professional, assists with the management of daily golf operations, including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, supervising golf staff, assisting with snack bar functions, managing tournaments, teaching lessons, and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Supervises and manages golf operations in the absence of the Head Golf Professional
2. Provides excellent customer service, professional advice and assistance to golfing guests.
3. Controls and manages play; ensures golf check-in and fee collection in coordination with the golf staff.
4. Assists in management of driving range and ensures balls are clean and ready for use next day.
5. Reconciles evening check out of POS system.
6. Prepares starter sheets for the next day.
7. Assists with golf cart maintenance on a monthly basis.
8. Provides golf instruction that is consistent with PGA instructional methods.
9. Assists with receipt and sales of snack bar items.
10. Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional image at all times.
11. Promotes all club activities, golf events and services.
12. Assists with tournament operations and golf outings.
13. Assists in managing UGA handicap system.
14. Cleans facility including restrooms, windows, vacuuming and outside services.
15. Periodically operates range picking machine to retrieve golf balls from driving range.
16. Performs private golf lessons under the direction of the Head Golf Professional.
17. Assists with JAG classes, events and clinics.
18. Performs related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Moderate physical activity. Ability to work long and varied hours. Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior. Intermittent exposure to hot and cold temperatures while completing outdoor tasks.
Note: Hours for this position vary. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Experience: Cashiering and customer service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification:
• A valid Utah Driver’s license must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
• Apprentice or member in the PGA of America preferred.
• City of St. George policies and procedures.
• Business software including spreadsheet and word-processing programs.
• POS system experience.
• Cash handling procedures and internal control.
• Principles and practices of teaching and instruction for group and individual golf instruction.
• USGA rules of golf and handicap procedures.
• Golf equipment.
• City of St. George golf tournament setup and operations.
• Customer service principles and practices.
• Must be highly motivated.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent public relation skills.
• Computer literate.
• Understand golf terminology.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Understand and follow general work instructions.
• Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
• Teach golf lessons and communicate golfing techniques such as grip, setup, posture, swing, etc.
• Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at jobs.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 9/15/2017 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.