NOTE: This position is open only to those currently working at the Dixie Center.
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Dixie Center Event Coordinator II, performs guest services duties and service-related tasks as indicated for the City of St. George.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Performs guest services functions for events.
2. Monitors the comfort of clients and customers. Monitors equipment and supplies to ensure events are conducted and operated in a safe, efficient manner and according to customer requirements.
3. Ensures scheduled events are operating smoothly and professionally.
4. Serves as Dixie Center representative during events as assigned by responding to and resolving emergency situations and/or patron problems such as medical emergencies or security incidents. Ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plan.
5. Maintains contact with appropriate Dixie Center and City personnel associated with scheduled events.
6. Resolves moderately complex problems encountered in performance of work assignments.
7. Assists coordinators, supervisors, and clients in audiovisual and other technical equipment set up and problem solving.
8. Performs light custodial duties as needed.
9. Performs other related duties as required at Dixie Center and other City facilities.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions: Work requires vision for the successful performance of the position. Extensive public contact. Standing, bending, and stooping. Lifting and carrying materials and displays weighing up to 35 pounds. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior, human error, work deadlines, and the demands of multiple complex projects.
Note: Requires working extended or irregular hours such as weekends, nights, or holidays.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Customer service experience. Guest services experience in a convention facility helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Methods of assisting set-up staff in shipping and receiving.
• How to use various types of audiovisual and other technical equipment, including smart phones, computers, etc.
• City and Dixie Center facilities rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Customer service methods and techniques.
• Understand limited audiovisual and other technical equipment; including smart phones, computers, etc.
• Maintain a clean, safe event environment.
• Understand and effectively carry out written and oral instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
• Remain calm in difficult situations, and maintain mental alertness and stamina to perform routine and specialized duties for long periods of time.
• Efficiently respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects.
• Establish work priorities, and remain flexible.
• Provide courteous information and service to the public and other City staff.
• Analyze problems and identify alternative solutions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Individuals currently working at the Dixie Center must apply by submitting a completed City of St. George Employment Application on-line at jobs.sgcity.org. Position closes 5/22/2017 at 12:00 a.m. or until filled, whichever occurs first. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Refer questions to Dianne at 435-627-4673. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates