Under the general direction of the Community Arts & Exhibits Administrator and directly under the Performance Group Director and/or Co-Director performs vocal and choreographed performances at Town Square and other city locations during the summer season (Leisure EEEE’s).
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class).
1. Provides entertainment through song and dance (both solo and group) for children and adults throughout the summer months.
2. May assist with the set-up of sound systems.
3. Supports other division and department programs and activities as needed.
4. Performs related duties as assigned.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/ Working Conditions
Physical activity: Exerts up to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Repetitive motion involved with dance routines, choreography, etc. On occasion may lift weights up to 80 lbs. to approximately waist height. Risk of bodily injury is light under normal conditions. Regular exposure to the summer heat and sun. Intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Experience: Past stage or performance experience a plus.
Possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
· Computer and computer programs
· Basic stage movement, vocal singing, dance moves
· Communicate verbally and in writing in a proficient manner
· Establish and maintain effective working relations with those contacted in scope of work, e.g., city staff, cast members, general public, etc.
· Stand, move and perform minor choreography and sing (both solo and group) for a minimum of forty (40) minutes at a time in an outdoor setting.
· Interact well with other performers as well as with audience members of all ages.
· Entertain children and adults throughout the summer months.
· Assist with the set-up of a sound system preferred.
· Work evening and week-ends as required.
· Dance or acting experience is a plus.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application on-line at jobs.sgcity.org. Position closes 5/26/2017 at 5:00 p.m. or until filled, whichever occurs first. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Refer questions to Dianne at 435-627-4673. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates