Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Aquatics Manager, ensures patron safety and protection of lives at the City of St. George swimming facilities.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Prevents injuries by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors.
2. Enforces facility rules and regulations.
3. Recognizes and responds quickly and effectively to all emergencies.
4. Administers first aid and CPR using an AED.
5. Informs other life guards, facility staff, and management when more help or equipment is needed.
6. Completes required records and reports as required.
7. Performs maintenance and other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
8. Inspects facility daily and reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Life Guard certification through the American Red Cross. Professional CPR/AED and First Aid certifications through the American Red Cross.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Skills: Highly motivated. Customer service oriented and excellent public relations skills.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application on-line at jobs.sgcity.org. Position closes 6/5/17 at 5:00 p.m. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.