Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator, assists in the implementation of youth programs for the City of St. George including various summer programs, day camps, youth sport related activities, and special events.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Assists in implementing daily program activities.
2. Assists with preparation of activities.
3. Supervises children ages 3 to 16 years old before and during activity hours.
4. Leads children in educational games and hands-on learning experiences.
5. Supervises children during off-site field trips.
6. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions: Light to moderate physical activity. Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds for camp equipment. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Exposure to weather conditions. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Experience: Minimum 16 years of age. Experience working with children required.
Licenses and/or Certifications: CPR and First Aid certifications preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reliability is a must.
• Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with campers and parents.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application on-line at jobs.sgcity.org. Position closes upon filling. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required. EOE. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.
Closed per Dawn E. 4/21/17.