Under the direction of the City of St. George Recreation/Parks staff, assists in the operation and programs of the Thunder Junction All Abilities Park.
May perform one or more of these Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Assists with play date programs and special events.
2. Leads participants in games and hands-on recreational activities.
3. Communicates safety rules and procedures to riders and park visitors.
4. Performs basic cleaning and maintenance.
5. Handles money according to City policy.
6. Sells, distributes, and collects ride tickets.
7. Provides assistance to patrons entering and exiting ride.
8. Stays current with safety rules and procedures.
9. Interacts with park attendees, promotes safe play, answers questions and gives directions.
10. Removes litter.
11. Empties trash containers when full.
12. Refills paper products and performs light cleaning of restroom facility.
13. Sweeps and/or mops the interior of volcano area and pavilion area.
14. Cleans tables and benches.
15. Waters flowers by hand in containers and other areas as directed.
16. Sweeps sidewalks, curbs and gutters, etc.
17. Pulls weeds.
18. Helps everyone who attends have a positive experience.
19. Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions: Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Light to moderate physical activity. Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds. Intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Exposure to varying weather conditions. Moderate exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekdays, Saturdays, evenings, and holidays. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging 6-15 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Experience: Minimum 16 years of age. Experience working with children is helpful.
Licenses and/or Certifications: Certification is not required. However, First Aid and AED courses must be attended within two months of hire. If certification is achieved, certifications must be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reliability a must.
• Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary when interacting with park attendees and parents.
• Follow directions.
• Operate a cash register, make change, and conduct financial transactions, may be helpful.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application on-line at jobs.sgcity.org. Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Dianne at 435-627-4673. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required. EOE. In an effort to match the population of the community, individuals of all abilities are encouraged to apply for this position.